28 November 2012

matitesonfissà art (real art)

These are some amazing drawings, in my opinion. I really love the chain-brain, that's just amazing. Someone else might have done it before, I don't care, I had never seen it and it's gorgeous. And I love the light bulb, and I love the cogs with the name of our group inside...Giacomo Licen-Porro is the artist behind them. The man is quite gifted: left aside the drawing talent which is so evident, Giacomo is a marathon runner too. Not just one who runs marathons, he's the kind of guy who actually WINS marathons...And he's got family too. He's filled his life with positive things to do, me thinks. 

A friend of the Prof, of course. It was his idea to ask Giacomo if he would be willing to draw a few sketches for a possible logo of "matitesonfissà" (there's been several designs proposed lately, some good and some...well). When and if there will be an official logo, I don't care. And I don't care which logo. The drawings you see below are my idea of a logo and I'll definitely use them for a t-shirt sooner or later. I absolutely love them. 

Am getting more and more convinced the Prof has some inborn talent in spotting out beauty. Be it a slow-motion video of absolute poetry, an object, a piece of clothing, some kind of weird design or traditional tool, the man's got an instinct and can pick up the scent of beauty a thousand miles away, I guess. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder so maybe it's just a question of shared taste...

Anyway, bring joy to your eyes with Giacomo's drawings:






No comments:

Post a Comment